Friday, February 12, 2010

Taking Up Space

    What are you here for? What is your reason for being? Everyone gets to a stage in their lives where they say, "that's it?", "this is the culmination of my life?". You may say to yourself, "this is not where I thought I would be at this point in my life", "this is not what I thought I would be doing". So, what is your usefulness? Do you know?

    I've heard the saying, "what if the hokey-pokey is what it's all about" but I can assuredly tell you that it is not. You live - you die, what about the dash in between you live - you die? That's what it's all about, the in between stuff.

     You are not here just to take up space and take in air and then leave earth. No, not without leaving your imprint. A preacher friend once said that the greatest tragedy and loss was the unwritten lives, unfulfilled desires, the unrealized potential that was buried in graveyards all over the world.

    What makes you angry? What makes you cry? What makes you speak up? What makes you get on your soapbox? What makes you dig in and get involved? THAT is what you are put on earth to help solve. Instead of standing in line waiting for your turn to go, get out of the line and do that thing that stirs you up, causes your nostrils to flare and your heart to beat faster.

     You live - You serve your generation - You die, that's what goes in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena